Israeli forces kill Palestinian youth over 'rock-throwing'
The twenty-six-year-old Palestinian was shot for allegedly rock-throwing during a rally near the Gaza-Israeli border.
Mohammad Abu Saada gathered with dozens of Palestinians to take part in a Friday protest against Israeli occupation on the border.
"[He] died after being shot in the chest by Israeli forces in clashes east of al-Bureij camp," ministry spokesperson Ashraf al-Qudra said in a statement.
Two other protesters were wounded by Israeli fire.
Abu Saada's funeral was held at the Nuseirat Refugee Camp on Saturday.
Israel said it was investigating the death, claiming that "dozens of rioters breached the buffer zone [and] approached and damaged the security fence."
Since October 2015, at least 239 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli fire, at least 33 of them under the age of 18.
Last month, rights group Amnesty International accused Israel of carrying out "unlawful killings" against Palestinians.
It said Israeli forces were displaying "an appalling disregard for human life by using reckless and unlawful lethal force against Palestinians."
The rights group said it sent a memorandum to authorities in Tel Aviv detailing 20 cases of "unlawful killings of Palestinians by Israeli forces."
"Palestinians were deliberately shot dead, despite posing no imminent threat to life, in what appear to be extrajudicial executions," Amnesty said.
Israel says a Palestinian campaign of incitement is fanning the violence.
The Palestinians say it is rooted in frustration stemming from nearly five decades of Israeli occupation.