Libya warlord Haftar 'flown to Egypt military hospital'
The sources said he was taken to the International Medical Centre in Greater Cairo by a medical transport plane after experiencing symptoms arising from a previous blood clot.
Egypt, an ally of military commander, was accused in April of sending two planes loaded with ammunition to Haftar's forces under the guise of sending aid.
While he had been seriously ill, Haftar, 78, is said to have improved and is now in a stable state, the sources said.
They added that Haftar may be able to return to Libya in the coming days to complete his care.
A stroke previously saw the general taken to a French hospital in 2018.
In the backdrop of his hospitalisation are concerns around his continued political viability.
The Egyptian sources said his many ongoing ailments may pose a significant barrier as December's elections inch closer.
They said he has recently been promoting Saddam, his son, including in talks with Russia and the UAE.
He allegedly also wishes to talk to figures in Israel to gain their support.
It was previously reported that Israeli intelligence officials met with Saddam in connection to his presidential aspirations.
Also on Thursday, Haftar-linked outlets were reporting he had invited senior Libyan politicians, including prime minister Abdul Hamid Dbeibeh, to a military parade in Benghazi.
This will mark the seventh anniversary of Haftar's "Operation Dignity", in which his forces fought Islamist factions in the city.