The Middle East at war with coronavirus: Top stories from 23 March
Here are 5 takeaways from coronavirus in the Middle East on Monday.
Tunisian doctor invents COVID19 early detection screening
Elias Al-Qasri - the former Tunisian ambassador to Germany, Japan and India - said in statement that Tunisian doctor and academic Dr Radwan Kamoun has invented with a potentially life-saving screening.
Al-Qasri added the screening system was successfully screened in Germany and Canada.
Meanwhile, Tunisia confirmed 14 new cases of coronavirus, raising the national total to 89.
Turkey receives speedy coronavirus tests from China
The plane carrying the kits arrived at Istanbul's Ataturk Airport early Monday.
Officials who picked up the cargo then transported it to a prominent research and training hospital in Istanbul.
Turkey's health ministry said confirmed the arrival of the tests, saying they will be distributed to all 81 Turkish provinces.
Turkey ordered two million tests from China, which will arrive in the country in the upcoming weeks.
Qatar sends $150 million to Gaza
Qatar sent $150 million to the besieged Gaza Strip to combat coronavirus after the enclave recorded its first two cases.
According to Qatar's official news agency, the aid will support Gazans in combating the outbreak of the virus.
Hamas' political Chief Ismail Haniyeh thanked Qatar, saying: "We received with high appreciation the directives of the Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, to provide financial support to Gaza worth $150 million over a period of 6 months."
Read also: Coronavirus under occupation: Why Palestine's situation is unique
"This comes as a continuation of Qatar's efforts to alleviate the suffering of our people, and in support of the UN relief and humanitarian programmes in Gaza to confront the coronavirus," he added.
Morocco coronavirus cases jump to 134
Morocco's health ministry reported new cases of coronavirus, bringing the total number to 134 cases in the Kingdom.
The new cases have been confirmed at the Pasteur-Maroc Institute’s laboratory and the National Center for Influenza and Respiratory Viruses under the Rabat Hygiene Institute.
Currently, those who tested negative for the deadly disease stand at 523.
The ministry reported three patients had recovered and four had died.
Iran's death toll continues to rise
Iran on Monday reported 127 more deaths from coronavirus, bringing the number of fatalities to 1,812 amid 23,049 confirmed cases.
Health ministry spokesman Kianoush Jahanpour said 1,411 more people had been infected by the virus over the last 24 hours.
He added that based on laboratory findings, men were more likely to be infected and die than women.