Saudi-led coalition downs missiles and drones from Yemen
The Saudi-led coalition said on Monday that its forces downed drones and missiles fired from Yemen towards Saudi Arabia, in the latest barrage on the kingdom.
The coalition said in a statement published by Saudi state news that four missiles and six armed drones were launched by the rebels from the Yemeni capital Sanaa towards the kingdom.
It was the latest attempted cross border attack since a ceasefire ended in May.
Houthi military spokesman Yahya Sarea said on Monday that a broad military operation will be launched against Saudi forces, according to Reuters.
Saudi airstrikes were carried out in Yemen, Houthi media said on Monday.
The ceasefire was implemented in April in a bid to tackle an outbreak of the coronavirus, but the truce fell apart by the end of May.
In late June, Houthi missiles were fired at the Saudi capital Riyadh, while there is had been a huge surge in fighting in Yemen since the ceasefire ended.
The coronavirus has since swept through Yemen, according to media reports, where much of the population is already reliant on aid.
The UN launched virtual talks in a bid to end the fighting, which could worsen the coronavirus outbreak in Yemen.
Yemen, one of the world's poorest nations, has recorded 464 deaths and 1,380 infections.
More than 120,000 people have died in the Yemen war, which began when Houthi rebels stormed the capital Sanaa and moved south.
It intensified after the Saudi-led coalition intervened in March 2015 against the Houthis with waves of airstrikes killing thousands and a blockade devastating the country.